This is a temporary to hire position.
This position is responsible for the manufacturing and test of Raman Spectrographic equipment. This position is responsible for insuring that the equipment they produce meets the quality standards set forth for the components they are producing and inspecting. Technicians may also be asked to interface with customers to help diagnose and resolve customer service issues.
- Sets up equipment and performs complex processes and measurements.
- Identifies procedural problems, correctly conducts experiments and reports findings. Also recommends solutions to problems and works toward a resolution.
- Provides technical assistance and works toward continual improvement to manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment.
- Accurately fill out all required documents.
- Follows written and verbal instructions including safety precautions (MSDS sheets) of chemicals/equipment in use.
- Assists with maintaining work area in a high state of cleanliness and order.
- Must interact with a variety of people at all levels in the organization. Works closely with the manager and engineers in supporting process and product development.
- Need to be able to work with various hand tools and be mechanically inclined.
- Should have strong mechanical experience and the ability to read and understand assembly drawings.
- Must complete tasks within the time frames established in the weekly production schedule.
- Quality driven work and attitude.
- Willing to cross train in other positions within the component build operation and perform job rotations.
- Possess strong analytical skills needed to perform duties that require mathematical computations.
- This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to handle all standard optical equipment and material including high-powered lasers and other components required in the manufacturing process.
- Excellent organizational skills are necessary in order to meet a variety of demands.
- Aligning, testing and troubleshooting of optical and electronic assemblies
- Working with customers to troubleshoot problems in the field
- Minimum of two years of experience in electronic, optical or mechanical assembly.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Associates degree or 7+ years work experience specifically related to job requirements.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.