Overview: The Product Manager is responsible for the success of the Raman spectroscopic instrumentation product line in the Chemical business channel. The Product Manager is responsible for defining, managing and communicating the product roadmap.
- Experience in preparing project proposals, plans, schedules and budgets, as well as detailed reports and presentations.
- Ability to work on problems that are complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete assignments, even without established procedures.
- Experience creating product plans strategy, customer research, competitive analysis, product requirements, messaging, pricing analysis, etc.
- Ability to effectively converse with people at all levels of the organization and drive consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Bilingual (English with German or French) is desired.
- Set product development priorities, establish product release content, and set development/release schedules based on qualified market needs and projected ROI.
- Work with the engineering team to solidify product concepts, architectures and estimate required investment levels.
- Coordinate the product development process through R&D to release-to-market in a timely manner.
- Develop product datasheets and customer training presentation packages.
- Through market research and client feedback, evaluate new product opportunities and advise management of same. Perform preliminary technical and business feasibility studies, including worldwide revenue and market share opportunity, to establish and justify product portfolio development plans.
- Continuously gather key information regarding competitive threats, perform competitive analysis to rationalize the pricing and value of the products, define market positioning, and support sales as they define and price proposals.
- Focus on key business processes to influence growth, customer satisfaction, waste elimination, cost effectiveness and project/system quality.
- Serve as the voice to articulate the value proposition of our analyzers to our customers, prospects, market analysts and industry experts.
- Travel both domestic and international as necessary to support strategic as well as tactical marketing tasks as well as tactical sales activities, 10-35%.
- A Scientific degree and 5-10 years’ experience in a related technical field. MS in related discipline or MBA or PhD preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the scientific product life cycle including pre- and post-market activities.
- Reports to the Director of Marketing.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com