The primary responsibility of the Field Service Engineer is to provide on-site support for customers in need of a Field Service provided function. This position is focused on customer service related to analytical equipment that is utilized in numerous industries. The position reports to the Field Service Manager.
- Sets up equipment and performs complex processes and measurements.
- Identifies procedural problems, correctly conducts experiments and reports findings. Also recommends solutions to problems and works toward a resolution.
- Provides technical assistance and works toward continual improvement to field service processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Accurately fill out all required documents.
- Follows written and verbal instructions including safety precautions (MSDS sheets) of chemicals/equipment in use.
- Must interact with a variety of people at all levels in the organization. Works closely with the manager and engineers in supporting process and product development.
- Need to be able to work with various hand tools and be mechanically inclined.
- Should have strong mechanical experience and the ability to read and understand assembly drawings.
- Must complete tasks within the time frames established in the weekly production schedule.
- Quality driven work and attitude.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions within the component build operation and perform job rotations.
- Possess strong analytical skills needed to perform duties that require mathematical computations.
- This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to handle all standard optical equipment and material including high-powered lasers and other components required in the manufacturing process.
- Excellent organizational skills are necessary in order to meet a variety of demands.
- Excellent written communication skills are required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Start-up, troubleshoot, and repair analyzers in factory or at customer site.
- Able to travel 70% of time, both domestically and internationally, including travel during evening hours and weekends.
- Conduct training on operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of analyzers, both hands-on and classroom.
- Respond to Customer inquiries regarding operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of analyzers. This may be telephone, email, or personal contact with customers.
- Assist in production, testing, and calibration of analyzers at the factory when required.
- Minimum of an Associates’ degree or equivalent education in Electronics/Analytical related field.
- Meet all security and safety requirements for entry in customer facilities. This will involve random drug testing, security screening and background checks, site specific training, fit-testing to personal protective equipment (which may require being clean-shaven, or short hair), or any other reasonable safety or security requirement imposed by the customer.
- Ability to obtain a driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Military experience a plus.
- Uncompromising personal and professional integrity, as well as a high-level of respect for all individuals, regardless of nationality, race, religion, or cultural background.
- Team player, with strong organizational, communication, and people skills.
- Results oriented, with the ability to work through conflicts and persuasively influence outcomes in a constructive manner.
- High energy, bright, creative, and articulate individual.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads.
- Excellent oral, written and formal presentation skills.
- Able to understand other company functions and to effectively work cross-functionally and gain consensus when needed.
- Familiarity with optics, lasers, and tool design.
- Familiarity with process control communication protocols. Demonstrated ability to deal with customers is highly preferred.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus.
Kaiser Optical Systems, Inc., an Endress+Hauser Company, offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401 (k), and tuition reimbursement. For those interested in being a part of the team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Company